Friday, March 6, 2015

March Quick Writes!

0 Comments




That's right kids! It's time for another installment of Quick Writes!
Here are our prompts for this month.
Remember, you only get 3 minutes to write!

I checked my leprechaun trap in the morning and to my surprise…


 
He crossed his fingers and opened the box, but then…




As I reached the end of the rainbow, I found a pot of...
 


Our post wouldn't be complete without a few student samples!


He crossed his fingers and opened the box, but then... a bird came shooting out of the box. He picked it up. His head started spinning. He felt dizzy. When he opened his eyes, he was in another world! He was in a meadow full of flowers. He picked one, when suddenly...                  
 By Elizabeth


He crossed his fingers and opened the box but then... A leprechaun jumped out and said "Please help us we are in danger of disappearing! “How can I help?" said the boy whose name was Alex. “Take this piece of paper and read the directions very carefully," said the leprechaun, "If you do not do this we will be gone forever. Alex, you are our only hope." With that the leprechaun disappeared, leaving Alex puzzled.             
  By Kaya


He crossed his fingers and opened the box but then... the Cat in the Hat jumped out and said, "I hope it’s a rainy day! We have a lot of fun planned!”                
 By Oracle



As I reached the end of the rainbow I found a pot of... soup. I tried it and it tasted good. Then I ate it all when I heard something walking out of the woods. It was a leprechaun! When he saw I ate it all he turned an even brighter green then he exploded.               
 By Lacie


At the end of the rainbow I found a pot of... diamonds. “Oh my gosh!” I yelled. I took it home and made a diamond watch. I wore it every day and it sparked so brightly that it blinded everyone I passed. At night I put it in a sure safe that no one could get into. Security guards would watch over my watch, so I had a watched watch...      
By Jacob


He crossed his fingers and opened the box, but then... he found nothing but a wiggly worm in it. He thought to himself, "Mom was supposed to make me a ham sandwich." He called his mother who was at work. "Mom, there is a worm in my lunchbox." He left a message. His mom called back and said, "Happy April Fool’s Day!"         
  By Elise



I checked my leprechaun trap in the morning and to my surprise... right there, in the middle of the trap, was a leprechaun! It took many tries, but I finally convinced him to lead me to his pot of gold. We wandered down a winding path through the forest and into a giant field. There it was, a shimmering pot of real gold! After that, I was very rich.              
 By Makenzie

Hee hee. Nice job kids! As usual.



If you would like to share one of your Quick Writes, type it up and send it to me.

Have a marvelous March!

0 comments:

Post a Comment