Thursday, February 2, 2012

Autobiography

12 Comments


au·to·bi·og·ra·phy noun  the history of a person's life written or told by that person.

 

This month, students are going to read an autobiography as part of our English 103 class. Other students are going to write their own autobiographies this year. Everyone has a story to tell, that's why I think it's interesting to read a life story written by the person who lived it!

There are many autobiographies out there. A couple of my favorites are Boy by Roald Dahl and A Girl from Yamhill by Beverly Cleary. Have you read an autobiography that you enjoyed? If so, please let us know the title and author. 

If you haven't read an autobiography lately, check out this list and let us know which one sounds interesting and why. - Good Reads: Popular Autobiographies   NOTE: You can click on the book to read more info.
 

Enjoy  life!

12 comments:

Mackenzie February 7, 2012 at 9:00 AM

I can't wait to start the project for the autobiographies this month!

Kyrene February 7, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I can't wait to start the project either! I'm gonna read either The Way I Am by Eminem or Out of Sync by Lance Bass because I wanted to read something by a singer that I listen to. I love Eminem and miss Nsync!!

Jon February 7, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Todays class was awesome.. Thanks Mrs. Sol.

Tori Dungan February 7, 2012 at 11:05 AM

i am going to read the outobiography if Fredrickk Douglass, it sounds kinda interesting, plus i already had it. :) i started reading it yesterday its actually pretty good so far.

Mrs. S February 7, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I can't wait to see your Autobiography Projects at the end of the month! I'm also excited to hear about new autobiographies that you find interesting. Thanks for commenting!

Tavin Jackson February 14, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I am going to read The autobiography of Frederick Douglas by Frederick Douglas. I haven't read an autobiography before. I have read a bit of this autobiography and I have found it pretty interesting the way he learns to read from the other boys, he was clearly very motivated to read!

Kari Johnson February 23, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I read the Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin. I enjoyed it in some ways, because there was a lot of historical data about the Revolution, Constitution, etc., and there were some good quotes in there. It was a little long though. 416 pages of antiquated language is a little much. :)But it was very educational.

Sirprankalot February 27, 2012 at 8:00 PM

I found that the life style that Fredrick Douglas was forced to live, showed extreme determination and willingness to sacrifice all for the want of freedom. I was inspired by his courage.

Anonymous May 1, 2012 at 5:14 PM

I really like the quote you used on this page! We may look back on what has happened in our life. Good or bad whatever has happened has help make our life the way it is today. We can not look back on life an regret what has happened, because you could be in a different place today.
Maranda

David June 1, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I Haven't read one in a long time, but I really want to read an autobiography about Jackie Chan. His last big movie is coming out soon and he has inspired me a lot.

SOJOURNER BORTHWICK June 4, 2012 at 12:00 PM

THE DIARY OF ANN FRANK. I LOVED THAT BOOK, IT MADE ME CRY.

Hayden June 8, 2012 at 6:37 PM

wow! I really loved the wordle one. I might have to try and make one of those sometime!

Post a Comment